Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Urban gardening or Farming?

Gingers in pots.

Though the following setups are in pots, they are well fed with water from my fish tanks to supply the necessary nutrition that these dudes need.


Fig. 1

I have been experimenting on potting mix for my urban farming, combinations on different types of soils and organic matter from available sources, that are as much as possible for free. Figure one was a result of unused fresh water sand topped with dead and decaying leaves.

Figure 2 was a result of sand that came from the sea literally, though topped with organic matters the salt from the sand took its toll! I suspected that this would happen, but I ran out of fresh water sand and by request someone brought me the other sand ^_^


Fig. 2


Fig.3.a


Fig. 3.b


Fig 3.c

Figure 3.a to Figure 3.c are results of mixtures of fresh water sand, garden soil and organic matters. These dudes are about a month old and we will have to wait a little more to see better or worst results. But I am hoping for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment